We are doing things a bit differently with the Pirates Weekend Plymouth this year due to the COVID-19 lockdown and offering opportunities for Waterfront businesses to get involved.
To maintain interest in this event, we are busy planning lots of digital pirate themed activities suitable for the whole family including competitions, quizzes and music as well as entertainment during Pirates weekend on Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 May.
There’ll be family friendly activities on the new Pirates Weekend Plymouth microsite, launching on Monday 4 May. Content will include quizzes, recipes, videos, VR experiences and competitions. Some highlight activities which we’ll be sharing will include:
• Pirate-themed worksheets will be shared with school children across Plymouth
• We’ll be running a Facebook competition for ‘best pirate wanted poster’ for children to create and submit from home
• Listen to our Pirate Weekend Spotify playlist including music from the ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ films and Shanty favourites to enjoy the atmosphere of Pirates Weekend Plymouth at home
• ‘Best dressed pirate’ competition encouraging people to dress up and share photos of their fancy dress on social media
• An indoor selfie scavenger hunt activity for the whole family
• Virtual entertainment programme on Saturday 9 May and Sunday 10 May (look out for our announcement next week with the full programme)
Waterfront Businesses Opportunities to get involved.
Tip 1: Keep up to date
Keep up to date by following the Pirates Weekend Plymouth Facebook page, Twitter @PlymouthPirates or by visiting the website for the latest event information (launching from Monday 4 May). Remember to share posts on your social media channels too!
Tip 2: Offer a competition prize for the ‘Best wanted pirate’ poster
Have you got a prize you can offer for the ‘Best wanted pirate poster’ competition which will run on Facebook next week in the lead up to Pirates Weekend? It can be a physical prize or vouchers for when you open post-COVID-19.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Tip 3: Share your photos from previous Pirates Weekend Plymouth events.
Do you have a favourite memory from a previous Pirates Weekend Plymouth event? Were you particularly proud of your pirate-themed window or have a favourite pirate entertainer? We would love to see your photos using the hashtag #PiratesWeekendPlymouth. Please include which year the photo was taken.
Tip 4: Promote your business
Let us know if you have any virtual pirate themed activities or products or offers planned for 9 and 10 May so we can include you in our digital marketing activity, and can point people to the Shop4Plymouth website to shop with you online safely from home.