Sky Cole has been appointed as a project assistant to help support Plymouth's waterfront business improvement district (BID) over the next two and a half years.
Working alongside Sarah O'Leary, Waterfront Manager, Sky will provide operational support to help drive forward the business priorities of the Plymouth Waterfront Partnership BID Plan.
Launched in 2012, the BID represents more than six hundred and twenty businesses including those located on the Barbican, Sutton Harbour and Royal William Yard.
The BID Plan includes improvements to marketing, visitor signage, events, cleanliness, improvements to the environment and regeneration. The Plymouth Waterfront Partnership also lobby's the City Council on behalf of businesses on changes that will affect the area.
Working with Destination Plymouth it also helps fund activities to market the city to attract more visitors to Plymouth and the waterfront destinations.
Chris Arscott, Chair of the Plymouth Waterfront Partnership Board, said: "Sky was appointed following a recruitment process and will help support businesses, board members and the Waterfront Manager with delivering the remaining project of the BID Plan over the next few years.
"We have come a long way since the launch of the BID in 2012, having delivered over 40 percent of projects in the first two years, but we really need to keep the momentum going. With ever increasing demands we want to ensure that we do as much as we possibly can for the businesses we represent and we need extra support to be able to do this. On behalf of the Plymouth Waterfront Partnership I would like to welcome Sky."
Over 40 percent of the forty two project BID Plan was delivered in the first two years of operation and Sky will help assist to deliver the remaining 60 percent before the end of the BID's five year term.
This will include helping to deliver future events such as the Plymouth Pirates Weekend - recently awarded Bronze in the Visit Devon Tourism Awards 2014, as well as the International Jazz and Blues Festival and joint events with Urban Splash at Royal William Yard.
Sky Cole, Project Assistant for Plymouth Waterfront Partnership, said: "Having moved to the city eleven years ago, I am extremely passionate about Plymouth and excited about providing excellent support, generating positivity and inspiring others. The experience I have gathered throughout my career and bring to this role has enabled me to hit the ground running.
"I'm very much looking forward to this new challenge and working with the PWP and businesses to support the BID Plan."